Wavesfactory Effects Bundle 2023
System Requirements MAC & Windows (Intel & M1/M2 Supported)
- 10.7 or higher (64-bit only)
- DAW capable of hosting VST, VST3 or AU, or Pro Tools.
- Intel processor. M1
Simple Outside, Powerful Inside.
Wavesfactory plugins provide pristine sound quality and a clear focus on user experience. They design their plugins to be innovative and evocative, crafted with love and care.
Quantum is an audio plugin that separates an audio signal into its attack and sustain parts. It includes 16 built-in high-quality effects that you can apply to each path independently.
Cassette is a vintage tape emulation and is Wavesfactory’s love letter to lo-fi. It explores all of the minutiae of using the cassette format and gives you levels of flexibility not found in any other cassette emulation.
TrackSpacer makes space in a crowded mix for a specific track by carving just the needed frequencies in real-time. A truly revolutionary plugin.
Spectre is a multi-band enhancer. Apply different saturation algorithms to any part of the frequency spectrum and take your sound to a completely new level.
Echo Cat is a perfectly replicated plugin of one of the best tape echos. Retaining the original sound and offering modern features like ducking, M/S and tempo sync. Echo Cat is all that you ever wanted a tape echo to be.
Beyond the Transient Shaper
Quantum is an audio plugin that separates an audio signal into its attack and sustain parts. It includes 16 built-in high-quality effects that you can apply to each path independently. Quantum redefines what’s possible in transient shaping.
A transient shaper is an audio processor that can increase or reduce the transients or tonal parts of a signal. It has become an indispensable mixing tool in every studio.
Quantum automatically detects and classifies the transients of your signal, separating the sound into two paths: attack and sustain. The level of control you have now is unmatched, giving you the possibility to add effects to each path separately, before joining them back together.
When dealing with innovation Wavesfactory struggled to classify their own creations. Is Quantum a transient shaper? In a way it is, but when you compare it to a regular transient shaper you fall short, as it is so much bigger. Quantum is innovative and it doesn’t fit into a simple category.
- Enhanced Workflow – Quantum has been designed to be easy to use. With clear delimited sections, everything is always visible without hidden parts.
- 2-band Spectre included – The enhancer included in the built-in effects is a stripped-down version of the acclaimed plug-in Spectre, featuring low and high shelves.
- Resizable – You can resize the window by stretching the bottom right corner, just like all other Wavesfactory plugins.
- Retina-Ready – The plugins don’t use any images, everything is drawn on the fly by software. All graphics are crisp, and animations are smooth.
- Apple Silicon – Built for the latest Apple M1 chip, and also for Intel ones. VST and AU only at the moment, AAX is still in the works by Avid.
- Auto Updater – The plugin will warn you that there is an update available and it can be automatically updated from within the plugin. Never miss an update.
- Preset System – With a wide collection of factory presets. Create your own presets easily with save, save as and delete functionality.
- Mix and Output – Quantum includes global mix and output volume parameters.
Learn more about Quantum.
Rewind Back in Time
Cassette is an audio plugin that imparts the unique character and sonic imprint of an often maligned recording medium, one that offers a sound like nothing else. This is not a tape machine, this is a time machine.
An entire generation heard the music that shaped their lives on cassette tape. They are not perfect, in fact, they are far from perfect. That’s what is so great about them. This is Wavesfactory’s tribute to the sound that shaped their childhood. They discovered the passion for music between quirks and random fluctuations. Watching the meters move as they sang into an old microphone. Red peaks and analog saturation. Rewind, listen again.
No Pencil Needed
Cassette is an audio plugin that emulates the sound of vintage cassette tapes and decks. It has been carefully modelled after exhaustive analysis of a high number of sound signals recorded into real tapes. As a result, you get the same sound and behaviour of the original units.
Magnetic tape is not sterile media. Because of that, it will impart its own sound signature to signals recorded into it. These include a different frequency response, frequency-dependent saturation, high-frequency compression, hiss, asperity noise and much more. Reproduction systems will also induce their fingerprint: wow, flutter, random high-frequency loss, crosstalk between channels, stereo unbalances and other.
All of these little quirks and random fluctuations have been modelled meticulously. Cassette imprints instant nostalgia, movement and analog feel all around in its path. Cassette has been designed to be fun, pleasant to the ear and true to the medium.
Randomness Under Control
There are 4 sections:
- Tape: Enable or disable each step of the processing.
- Stability: Control how the Stability parameter in the front panel works internally. Includes “randomness” in order to make things unpredictable and analog.
- Extra: More of what makes a cassette sound like a cassette. Including the innovative “Re-Cassette” parameter.
- Artifacts: Control how the Artifacts parameter in the front panel works internally. Includes “Random Snap” for simulating the tape being caught momentarily causing pitch instability.
Wavesfactory modelled the four cassettes types available. Each one delivers different sonic characteristics.
- I: was the standard and most compatible tape format. Featured a ferric-oxide coating (Fe2O3). First appeared in the 1960s.
- II: with a chromium dioxide (CrO2) formulation was introduced at the dawn of the 1970s featuring an undeniable increase in high frequency response.
- III: living a short period between the mid 70s and early 80s, the ferro-chrome (FeCr) never made it into the golden era.
- IV: metal-formulated hit the scene at the end of the 70s. Features firmer bass as well as louder high frequencies.
Learn more about and download the trial version of Cassette.
One of a Kind
TrackSpacer is an award-nominated plugin that creates space in a mix by carving the frequencies that the main track needs into another track in real-time. TrackSpacer is no ordinary plugin, it is similar to a sidechain compressor plugin but much more powerful, transparent and precise. Insert it in a track and see for yourself what TrackSpacer can do for you.
Secret Mixing Weapon
The TrackSpacer plugin features a 32 band EQ that reacts to the incoming sidechain signal. It analyses the spectrum of the sidechain and applies a reversed EQ curve to another track. As if by magic, TrackSpacer creates space for the primary track by cutting the exact frequencies on other tracks.
Not a Multi-band Compressor
Compressors react to the amplitude/volume/level of the audio signal on the track. Based on how loud the source signal is, they apply more or less compression. Multi-band compressors split the signal in different bands and apply different settings on each band, but the detection is still the same as regular ones.
TrackSpacer splits the sidechain source signal into 32 bands and analyses them individually. Then, it reverses the result and applies a 32 band EQ to duck (or carve) those exact same frequencies, giving the source track the space it needs to occupy in the mix… and all in real time!
Simple to Use
TrackSpacer features a big centred knob that lets you set the amount of reduction applied in a simple and straightforward way, but it also features a set of parameters that let’s you go deep into how the signal is processed.
- Pan: lets you choose exactly where you want to apply the effect. In default stereo mode you can select the left channel, right channel or anything in between.
- M/S: in Mid / Side mode you can apply the effect to the mid-channel, the sides or anything in between.
- Attack/Release: set how Trackspacer reacts to the incoming signal, making it smoother or punchier like a regular compressor plugin.
- Sidechain: lets you listen to the incoming sidechain for easy tweaking of the low-cut and high-cut filters.
Learn more about and download the trial version of TrackSpacer.
Colour Your Sound
Spectre is a sound-shaping tool that combines the best features of an enhancer coupled with a graphical parametric EQ. Spectre processes the difference between the input signal and the EQ signal, introducing harmonic content to just the part of the spectrum that you want from a variety of saturation algorithms based on classic recording hardware.
Spectre can be used on individual tracks, sub-mixes, the entire mix and is ideal for mastering.
Spectre does not work like a conventional EQ. Spectre introduces harmonic content that was not in the original recording, bringing colour and life to the sound. It can bring dull recordings back to life, it can make a bass track more suitable for small speakers and it can even work as a high-end stereo widener thanks to the mid/side matrix.
Spectre processes the incoming audio with a five-band parallel EQ: it extracts the difference between this signal and the dry input and processes it through one of the ten saturation algorithms included. It then it mixes it back with the dry input. The result is a signal full with character, colour, with bigger and warmer low frequencies, shiny shimmering highs and powerful mids.
10 Saturation Algorithms
Spectre is more versatile than a simple enhancer as you can choose from ten different saturation algorithms to get different colours per band. It can go from the warmth of the valve to a harsh digital clipper, from creamy tape saturation to a bit-crusher.
- Warm Tube
- Class B
- Half Rectify
You’ll find an additional mode which can be really useful: Clean. This mode doesn’t saturate the difference signal, converting Spectre into a parallel EQ where the results feel extremely natural, almost like if there were no process at all. It takes away the harshness of traditional EQ plug-ins and brings in the sweetness of parallel processors.
Learn more about and download the trial version of Spectre.
Invented in 1958 by Charlie Watkins*, the Copicat* delay was an instant hit. Featured in countless albums from the ’60s and ’70s and used by great bands like The Shadows and Pink Floyd. Primarily designed for guitar, it’s now a sought after piece of equipment in studios around the world.
Echo Cat brings back the sound and behaviour of the original unit with authentic tape simulation and three playback heads. With added extra features that any modern delay plugin should have. These include M/S processing, tempo sync delay times, filters on the feedback path, varispeed, modulation and ducking.
Why You’ll Love Echo Cat
Drive the input to get that crushed tape sound. Push the sustain up to 100% to get that typical self-oscillation. Vintage sound with modern control.
- Authentic Sound: Wavesfactory have meticulously modelled the sound of the original unit by analysing a high number of signals through Copicat*.
- Tape Simulation: Echo Cat features our high-end tape model that responds, behaves and sounds like tape. That’s its core feature.
- Modern Features: Tempo sync, ducking the full stereo or only the mid channel, pro presets, filters, stereo widener, M/S…