XLN Audio XO (MAC)
Tech Specs (Intel & M1/M2 Supported)
- Software Type:Drum Plug-in
- Platform:Mac, only
- Bit Depth:64-bit
- Format:Standalone, AAX, VST, AU
- Hardware Requirements – Mac:Intel Multi-core Processor, 4GB RAM or more recommended
- OS Requirements – Mac:OS X 10.9 or later
- Manufacturer Part Number:XLX001SN
Both as a beatmaker and virtual instrument, the XLN Audio XO is a fresh way to give your current productions a new lease on life. XO’s 8,000 drum sounds and 200+ presets range from old-school organics to cutting-edge electronics. And its space-like spectral explorer makes the former chore of finding the right drum sound an exciting exercise in visual exploration. Doubling up on existing MIDI drums radically transforms the vibe of your every session, which makes XO a fast, fun way to modernize or remix perennial favorites. As a standalone beat machine, XO really shines; sync to your DAW’s host tempo, and let XO’s boozy Dilla grooves and choppy breakbeats free you up for other greater creative pursuits. If you’re looking for a fresh way to explore and create memorable drum tracks, we at Sweetwater highly recommend XLN Audio’s XO plug-in.
3 Ways to Use XO
Put XO on autopilot
One of XO’s defining features is that it’s a pattern generator and a virtual instrument in one. One of the most rewarding ways to use XO is to sync it to your DAW’s host tempo and let it drive. A unique pattern and sonic palette accompany each of XO’s 200+ presets, giving your session a radically different vibe with each click. There is also a growing library of user-created presets to be gleaned — a feature that is bound to keep XO in your sessions for years to come.
Discover new sounds via MIDI
XO can also double or replace your existing MIDI drums note perfectly. This is a great way to explore hybrid acoustic/electronic drum tracks or create a 22nd-century “remix” of any session you’ve got your hands on.
Explore your drum samples in visual space
Another handy feature within XO is the ability to import your own one-shot samples and browse them via the spectral explorer. XO automatically maps them according to content, which streamlines the process of finding the right sound for your production. An onboard sampler makes short work of chopping samples to time, for note-perfect kick and snare lengths.
XLN Audio XO Drum Virtual Instrument/Sampler Plug-in Features:
- A fresh way to explore and create drum beats and percussion tracks
- Organizes factory samples and user one-shots visually based on spectral content
- Loaded with 200+ inspiring preset kits and beats
- 8,000 factory samples
- Growing library of user presets
- Onboard sampler lets you chop kicks and snares to time
- Built-in effects make XO a one-stop drum creation tool