Native Insrruments – STRAYLIGHT (KONTAKT)
This Library Requires (Our KONTAKT Version Only) You Must Buy KONTAKT From Us To Use Buy Now Click Here
- Software Type: Strings
- Platform: Mac, PC
- Upgrade/Full: Full
- Download/Boxed: Download
- Format: Standalone, VST, AU, AAX Native
- Hardware Requirements – Mac: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher, 8GB RAM recommended, 22GB free hard drive space
- Hardware Requirements – PC: Intel Core 2 Duo/AMD Athlon 64 X2 or higher, 8GB RAM recommended, 22GB free hard drive space
- OS Requirements – Mac: OS X 10.10 or later, Kontakt / Kontakt 6 Player or later
- OS Requirements – PC: Windows 7 SP1 or later, Kontakt / Kontakt 6 Player or later
SOUNDSCAPES, TONES, TRANSITIONS
- Unique cinematic granular timbres
- Tailored modulation with precise control of intensity and timing
- Drag and drop your own samples for one of a kind sounds
GRANULAR-BASED SOUND DESIGN
Both the granular and sample modules offer deep editing possibilities for personalizing the source sounds and intelligent randomization for generating new sounds quickly.
THE GRANULAR ENGINE
STRAYLIGHT has a bespoke granular engine that places the source audio into a powerful and specialized – yet easy-to-use – interface. Harness lush, organic timbres that can defy time and pitch, yet still retain the pristine character of the source sounds (strings, glass, stone, membranes, even your own samples, and more), and sonically evolve over time (risers and transitions can adapt automatically to project tempo).
Small sounds can be vastly magnified in size and scope without sacrificing their sound quality or character. The granular engine is then paired with a layer from the sample module, offering the same level of editing and modulation.
PERFORM REAL-TIME MODULATION
CREATED WITH FRANK ELTING AND PAUL HASLINGER
STRAYLIGHT was built in collaboration with Frank Elting and The most human colors, a boutique instrument and sound design agency. The instrument was also developed in consultation with composer Paul Haslinger (Underworld, Minority Report, Fear The Walking Dead, Rainbow Six: Siege).
Here we talk to Paul about his approach to composing for film, TV, and video games, and how he drew on this experience to help us design STRAYLIGHT: