Descriptions for IK Multimedia SampleTank 4.0.9
The SampleTank 3 interface is divided into 3 main “environments” for layering, mixing and editing sounds and grooves. We’ve taken the main aspects of the music production workflow and separated them into 3 main functional environments: the “Play” interface, the “Mix” interface and the “Edit” interface.
SampleTank 3 Overview:
The Play interface
The PLAY page will be immediately familiar to SampleTank users: On the left is the browser where you load Multis (previously known as Combis), Instruments and Patterns. On the right is the Part Viewer where you can see the contents of each Part and adjust its most basic parameters. SampleTank 3 lets you load multiple MIDI patterns in each Part. Now you can build inspiring grooves directly within the software and play them at will. The Live tab lets you bring SampleTank 3 on stage with you easier by giving you a clean way to organize your performances by set lists and Song, letting you have your sounds ready to play instantly with its smart loading management system.
The Mix interface
The MIX page provides a traditional mixer interface with 5 effects slots for each channel. There are 21 channels in all: 16 channels for each Part, 4 returns for global “send effects” (like reverb and delay) and a master channel. This arrangement lets you get extremely creative — you can have up to 30 effects on a single instrument!
The Edit interface
The EDIT page provides full access to SampleTank 3’s powerful synthesizer engine. There you can run your samples through everything from envelopes to LFOs to filters – And speaking of filters, SampleTank 3 features 16 filter types for extreme sonic sculpting.
SampleTank 3 now supports direct integration with iRig Pads, IK’s ultra-portable MIDI groove controller. Plug in your iRig Pads (or other pad-based MIDI controller) and you can take advantage of SampleTank’s Pad interface, which lets you assign SampleTank 3’s 16 parts to the 16 pads on your controller for a seamless and tactile “out-of-the-box” music production experience.
The ultimate sound and groove workstation
- Completely redesigned interface with 4 main environments: Play, Mix, Edit and Pad that retain SampleTank’s legendary ease-of-use and fast operation
- 16 channel multi-part Play interface with easy layering and an integrated MIDI player and mixer
- Access to the powerful instrument Edit page with 3 sample engines (including formant preserving pitch-shifting and time-stretching engines), 16 filter types and 8 macro controls per instrument for quick multi-parameter editing
- “Round robin” and multiple articulations that are triggerable via key switch, modulation wheel or velocity
- Multi-channel mixer-like Mix interface with 5 insert effects per channel, 4 stereo effect returns (with 5 insert effects each) and a master channel with 5 insert effects that allow for up to 30 effects per instrument
- Works as a multi-platform plug-in and as a Standalone application
- Content structured in Instruments, Multis and MIDI Patterns
- Fully compatible with Mac OS X and Windows
- Supported plug-in formats: AAX, VST, and Audio Units
- 16 part multitimbral
- 16 individual stereo outputs
- Info view with specific information and 3D icon for each instrument
- Mix view and full mix parameters control
- Live mode for instantaneous sounds loading, organized in set lists and songs
- Expandable instrument library via the Custom Shop
- Pad interface lets launch patterns, loops or single notes seamlessly from iRig Pads or any MIDI controller
- 57 studio quality effects
- Part Range Controls allows for creating splits and layers
- Edit view for in depth editing of all synth engine parameters, independently for all the elements or articulations that are included in the instrument
- Instrument browsing
- BPM syncable time-based effects, audio loop instruments and LFOs
- Four play modes including mono legato with portamento.
- Zone switch allows to edit individual key-zones for the selected sound elelement or articulation
- Multi Articulation and Key Switch instrument control
- Easy to use assignable MIDI control to any parameter with MIDI Learn
- Instrument and Multi saving
- Convenient Search function for Instruments, Multis and Patterns
- Compatible with all previous “Powered by SampleTank” sound modules and sounds (can import all previous sounds and Combis)
- Import feature allows users to import .wav and .aiff samples
3 Synth Engines
- Full Amps: American Vintage T, Amp Combo, British Tube Lead 2, Jazz Amp 120, Modern Tube Lead, SVT Classic
- Amp Components: Cabinet, Preamp, Tone Control
- Distortion: Overscream, Distortion, Crusher, Overdrive
- EQ and Dynamics: Channel Strip, Black 76, Model 670, White 2A, Vintage EQ-1A, Compressor, Parametric EQ, EQ Comp, Limiter
- Modulation: Ensemble, Chorus C1, Opto Tremolo, Electric Flanger, Rotary Speaker, Uni-V, Small Phazer, AM Modulation, Multi Chorus, Chorus, Phaser, Env Flanger, Tremolo, Flanger, FM Modulation
- Reverb and Delay: Acoustic Resonance, Tape Echo, Hall Reverb, ConvoRoom, Plate Reverb, Reverb, Ambience, Reverb Delay, Delay, Spring Reverb
- Filters / Other: Piano Lid, Stereo Imager, Auto Pan, Multi Filter, LFO Filter, Phonograph, Env Filter, Slicer, Lo-Fi, Wah
4 Play Modes
- Legato 1
- Legato 2
SampleTank is a 64-bit application. Requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Mac OS X 10.7 or later. 34 GB of hard drive space.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
- Minimal: Intel® Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows® 7, Windows® 8 or Windows® 10. 34 GB of hard drive space.
- Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
What’s New in IK Multimedia SampleTank 4.0.9
- Compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina
- Sorting function to rearrange the Library column
- View Libraries as text option
- Filter Library view by authorized sounds only
- Faster sound content rescan time