Native Insrruments – Balinese Gamelan (KONTAKT)
This Library Requires (Our KONTAKT Version Only) You Must Buy KONTAKT From Us To Use Buy Now Click Here
- Software Type: Strings
- Platform: Mac, PC
- Upgrade/Full: Full
- Download/Boxed: Download
- Format: Standalone, VST, AU, AAX Native
- Hardware Requirements – Mac: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher, 8GB RAM recommended, 22GB free hard drive space
- Hardware Requirements – PC: Intel Core 2 Duo/AMD Athlon 64 X2 or higher, 8GB RAM recommended, 22GB free hard drive space
- OS Requirements – Mac: OS X 10.10 or later, Kontakt / Kontakt 6 Player or later
- OS Requirements – PC: Windows 7 SP1 or later, Kontakt / Kontakt 6 Player or later
MALLETS, METALLOPHONES, GONGS
- Get hands-on with six playable, tweakable mallet instruments
- Perform patterns with a new generative arpeggiator, The Jammer
- Includes 2 GB of expertly recorded samples
DISCOVER BALINESE GAMELAN
THE MUSIC OF GAMELAN
Often translated as “orchestra,” gamelan is an ensemble of instruments from Indonesia, typically Java or Bali. The music itself is often characterized by bright, metallic, percussive qualities, distinctive and complex tuning, the rich layering of instruments, and its cyclical form.
Ensembles differ significantly from one another but are made up of a combination of beautifully crafted metallophones, xylophones, drums, gongs, bamboo flutes, strings, and even vocals. Instruments are built and tuned for specific ensembles, so tunings can differ considerably between gamelans. A peculiarity of the Balinese variant is that each instrument is paired and slightly detuned relative to its partner, resulting in a natural chorus effect.
A LIVING, BREATHING INSTRUMENT
The instruments in this release were sampled from the London Symphonic Orchestra’s Semara Dana Gamelan Ensemble in exacting detail. Their unique timbres and textures have been faithfully recreated through a painstaking recording of numerous velocity layers – a true labor of love by creators Soniccouture.
This instrument focuses on compact versions of the tuned instruments, split into three categories: The big gongs, the paired metallophones and the kettle gongs.
THE ROOTS INSTRUMENTS